Salyersville (Magoffin County), 1937


Looking north on Church Street, the two-story stone house on the left and the long single-story building beside it were the residence and department store of Eugene B. Arnett. The Magoffin County Historical Society cabins are now located in this spot. The large brick building next to the store is Salyersville Grade and High School, built in 1936. The courthouse tower is visible near the center of the photo.

(Photo courtesy of James E. Allen, 447 Kentucky Street, Salyersville, KY 41465.)