Wiggins Bible Record, McLean County, Kentucky
This Bible originally belonged to Robert Bruce
Wiggins and his wife, Caroline Howard, of Beech Grove, McLean
County, Kentucky. Published in 1871 by the American Bible Society,
New York, New York, it now (1966) is in the possession of their
daughter, Mrs. Alma Wiggins Wright, Owensboro, Kentucky. Copied
April 22, 1865, by M. J. Edgeworth, Owensboro, through Mrs. Wright's
- Robert Bruce Wiggins and Caroline Howard
were married on October 23, 1864.
- Samuel H. Ward and Margaret Mildred Wiggins
were married on January 31, 1892.
- John Thomas Wiggins and Sudy Rebeca Jobe
were married on January 4, 1901.
- Ben F. Wiggins and Luley Mackey were married
on December 28, 1893.
- Eley I. Wiggins and John Fireline were married
on January 7, 1896.
- Sarah Bell Wiggins and O. A. Mackey were
married on December 26, 1897.
- R. B. Wiggins and Stella Martin were married
on November 27, 1898.
- Terry A. Wiggins and Ona Stevens were married
on February 7, 1904.
- Charles David Wiggins and Pearl Kerrick were
married on December 17, 1908.
- Alma A. Wiggins and Guy Wright were married
on December 25, 1904.
- Robert Bruce Wiggins born July 19, 1843.
- Caroline Wiggins born June 8, 1841.
- John Thomas Wiggins born August 23, 1866.
- Margaret Mildred Wiggins born April 23, 1868.
- Robert B. Wiggins born October 24, 1870.
- Benjamin F. Wiggins born October 24, 1870
- Terry A. Wiggins born July 13, 1873.
- Charles David Wiggins born July 28, 1875.
- Sarah Isabel Wiggins born April 10, 1877.
- Ellie Idera Wiggins born January 7, 1880.
- Alma Ann Wiggins born October 31, 1882.
- Margaret Mildred Ward died January 8, 1893.
- R. B Wiggins died January 12, 1868.
- J. T. Wiggins died January 16, 1920.
- Caroline H. Wiggins died August 14, 1934.
- Ella Idera W. F. Edwards died October 19,
- Robert Bruce Wiggins, Jr., died March 15,
- Terry A. Wiggins died February 10, 1946.
- C. David Wiggins died October 25, 1947.
- Sarah Isabel W. Mackey died November 23,
Note: Mrs. Wright stated that her mother,
Mrs. Caroline Howard Wiggins, was a daughter of John Littleton
Howard (1791-1874) and his first wife, Margaret Moore; granddaughter
of Littleton Howard (1767-1863). The R. B. Wiggins who died in
1868 was Mrs. Wright's paternal grandfather.
Henry H. Moore Bible Record,
Hopkins County, Kentucky
This Bible record originally belonged to Henry
H. Moore (1831-1899) of Hopkins County, Kentucky. It is now (1965)
in the possession of his granddaughter, Mrs. Iva Stanley London,
Owensboro, Kentucky. Copied January 15, 1965, by M. J. Edgeworth,
Owensboro, Kentucky, through Mrs. London's permission. The front
pages of this old Bible are missing.
- Henry H. Moore was born August 26, 1831.
- Sarah J. Moore, his wife, was born July 6,
1842. They were married September 23, 1858, and she departed
this life January 20, 1860.
- Eliza J. D. Moore, wife of H. H. Moore, was
born November 3, 1846.
- William L. Moore, son of H. H. Moore and
E. J. D Moore, was born May 6, 1866.
- Charley B., son of H. H. and E. J. D. Moore,
was born October 24, 1867.
- Minnie Ann Moore, daughter of H. H. and E.
J. D. Moore, was born December 9, 1869.
- Laura E. Moore, daughter of H. H. and E.
J. D. Moore, was born February 25, 1872.
- Cordelia E. Moore, daughter of H. H. and
E. J. D. Moore, was born June 20, 1874. Katie G. Moore, daughter
of H. H. and E. J. D. Moore, was born February 3, 1879.
- Walter H., son of H. H. and E. J. D. Moore,
was born November 23, 1881.
- Lonnie Moore, son of H. H. and E. J. D.
Moore, was born January 12, 1884.
- Allie Beatha Moore, son of H. H. and E.
J. D. Moore, was born June 23, 1886.
- Kieffer Moore was born June 24, 1903.
- Anna Mai Moore was born December 11, 1904.
- Gene & Wm. L. M. married January 14,
- William E. Stanley was the son of J. B.
and M. A.
- Minnie A. Moore and J. B. Stanley were married
October 4, 1885. Their son was born August 23, 1888.
- Laura Moore and Cordie Moore was baptized
the first Sunday in January 1891.
Note: According to Mrs. Iva London,
the entry "Gene and Wm. L. M. married January 14, 1902"
refers to the marriage of William L. Moore to Imogene Prowse.
Also, Kieffer Moore and Anna Mai Moore were children of Wm. L.
Moore and Imogene Prowse. Mrs. London also stated that her grandfather,
Henry H. Moore, was a son of Alfred Moore, died 1874, Hopkins
County, Kentucky; and wife, Rebecca Sallie Gatlin; grandson of
Austin Moore, died 1831, Hopkins County, Kentucky. A biography
of Henry H. Moore's son, Dr. Wm. L. Moore, appears in History
of Kentucky, Judge Charles Kerr, American Historical Society
Chicago, 1922, Vol. III, page 444. This biography states that
Henry H. Moore's first wife was Sarah J. Grady, and his second
wife was Eliza J. Medlock.
James Dupuy Bible Record,
Hancock County, Kentucky
This Bible record originally belonged to
James Dupuy (1786-1871) of Utility, Hancock County, Kentucky.
It passed to his granddaughter, the late Mrs. Betty Dupuy Lambert
(1858-1940) of Lewisport, Kentucky; and now (1965) belongs to
her daughter, Mrs. Willie Lambert Toler of Owensboro, Kentucky.
The Bible was published in 1825 by Daniel D. Smith, 190 Greenwich
Street, New York, and has a bookplate on the inside cover with
the notation "Sold by John P. Morton at the Louisville Bookstore."
Copied January 21, 1965, by M. J. Edgeworth, Owensboro, Kentucky,
through Mrs. Toler's permission.
- James Dupuy and Mary Ann Maxey were married
December 16, 1819.
- Napoleon B. Dupuy and Eusebia M. Ellis were
married March 6, 1856.
- Hiram Thomas Lambert and Bettie Dupuy were
married January 25, 1876.
- James Albert Toler and Willie Lambert were
married January 9, 1902.
- This first section has the notation on the side "Ages
of my father, mother, brothers, and sisters."
- James Dupuy, Sr., was born January 29, 1745.
- Anne Dupuy was born November 7, 1760.
- Jane Dupuy was born September 30, 1777.
- Starke Dupuy was born November 1, 1779.
- Susana Dupuy was born January 3, 1782.
- Sally Dupuy was born March 21, 1784.
- James Dupuy was born August 29, 1786.
- William Dupuy was born March 25, 1789.
- Ebenizer Dupuy was born September 16, 1791.
- Anne Dupuy was born May 14, 1793.
- Lemuel Dupuy was born April 22, 1797.
- Eliza Dupuy was born May 1, 1800.
- James Dupuy was born August 29, 1786.
- Mary Ann Maxey was born September 20, 1800.
- Nathaniel M. Dupuy was born October 7, 1820.
- Jane Starke Dupuy was born April 7, 1822.
- Napoleon B. Dupuy was born March 1, 1837.
- William H. Davison was born November 8,
- Thomas Ann Davison was born July 20, 1841.
- James Abbett Davison was born October 2,
- Mary Ann Davison was born December 24, 1848.
- Nathaniel Dupuy Davison was born January
- Henry H. Davison was born March 30, 1846.
- L. D. Davison was born October 24, 1856.
- Nathaniel Maxey was born September 18, 1779.
- Elizabeth Baber, his wife, was born October
24, 1780, and they married November 29, 1798.
- Vranetta Elizabeth Maxey was born August
- Mary Ann Maxey was born September 20, 1800.
- Adaline Maxey was born October 1, 1801.
- Valeria Maxey was born April 6, 1804.
- George E. Maxey was born August 11, 1807.
- William B. Maxey was born October 28, 1810.
- Elizabeth Maxey was born October 1812 and
died in December.
- Henry Maxey was born September 24, 1814.
- Betsey Maxey was born September 6, 1817.
- Joseph B. Maxey was born April 18, 1821.
- G. G. Maxey was born November 10, 1823.
- Hiram Thomas Lambert was born August 29,
- Elizabeth Dupuy, his wife, was born July
- Bertha Lambert was born December 12, 1877.
- Willie Lambert was born July 28, 1880.
- Nellie Dupuy Lambert was born October 17,
- Nathaniel M. Dupuy died August 27, 1849.
- Napoleon B. Dupuy died April 8, 1863.
- James Dupuy died July 9, 1897.
- Bertha Lambert died September 3, 1897.
- Hiram Thomas Lambert died February 4, 1915.
- Eusebia Neva Dupuy died December 22, 1909.
- Napoleon B. Dupuy died April 15, 1863.
- Elizabeth Dupuy Lambert died September 6,
- Maria was born 1819.
- Clary was born May 19, 1839.
- Henry was born July 1, 1839.
- David, a boy I bought off Blincoe, was born
January 1, 1828.
Notes: According to Mrs. Willie Lambert
Toler, the Davison entries are children of Jane Starke Dupuy
who married, 1836, Dr. Davison of Hancock County, Kentucky. Mrs.
Toler's grandfather, Napoleon Bonaparte Dupuy (1837-1863), died
in Overton County, Tennessee, while serving as a Confederate
soldier. The owner of the property where he was buried sent the
young widow the ring he was wearing as a keepsake. The young
widow, Mrs. Eusebia N. Ellis Dupuy, was a daughter of Reverence
Hardin Haynes Ellis and wife, Elizabeth Smith Cottrell; granddaughter
of Reverend Reuben Cottrell and Sarah Homes Patmon. James Dupuy
created Utility as a village in 1851. The first county court
of Hancock County, Kentucky, was held at his home in 1829.